Friday, March 14, 2014

Fuel Assistance

Low-income families and individuals can get help with the cost of heating their homes, even if they rent. Fuel assistance is available to income-eligible applicants. Eligibility is based on household size and the gross annual income of every household member, 18 years of age or older. <<Click here for Income Eligibility & Benefit Chart>>

 Applicants may apply from November 1 to April 30.  To make an appointment, call
NSCAP at 978-531-077 x136

Are you an existing fuel assistance client? If so, you may be eligible for the following:
Free Refrigerator or Freezer

  • If your refrigerator or freezer is not energy efficient, they may be able to replace it for free.
  • They also install energy efficient light bulbs that will help you save money on your electric bill.
  • Their energy manager will educate you on other ways you can save money on your electric bill.
  • Renters and homeowners are eligible, but you must be a National Grid customer.
Free Heating System Repair or Replacement
  • If your heating system is broken or inefficient, they may be able to repair or replace it for free.
  • Only homeowners are eligible.
Free Insulation and Weatherization
  • If your home or apartment needs insulation or weatherization, they may be able to install them at no cost to you. All work is done by insured contractors.
  • Renters and homeowners are eligible.
To learn more, call NSCAP at 978-531-0767 x118

No comments:

Post a Comment